Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sunny San Diego



San Diego is the greatest place on earth as far as we care.




Mission Beach was almost as fun as the beach on Coronado Island, but it was a little chilly. I kept my shirt on because I didn't want to embarrass the ladies.




A little outdoor dining and people watching makes for a great lunch.




Whale watching at Sea World.




The nice lady running the tide pool where the starfish were taught us the three Rs plus one. Reduce, reuse, recycle...and respect!




We learned that whales are dolphins. Or is it dolphins are whales? In any case, I enjoyed the dolphin show, as pictured.




Check out my sweet new Padre hat. Man do I wear this hat. I look good.




Bucket, check. Shovel, check. Ooooooshuuun, check.




This happens to be outside the centerfield wall at Petco Park, home of the Padres.




We watched the other kids playing ball. Daddy said I could play when I got bigger.




Not too bad for a self portrait taken from the top of a trash can.




This is our last picture taken from the balcony of our hotel. Trust us, the view was beautiful even though you can't see it here. There's only so much you can do when you're using the timer.




Can you tell from my face that I wasn't ready to leave?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grady,

I'm so glad you and your mom and dad had such a great time in San Diego. I lived there for 6 months in college and you are right, it's the best place in the world as far as I'm concerned, too. I'm just jealous that you got to hang out at the beach so much when I was stuck at dumb CoSiDA! :) But, hey, if it wasn't for CoSIDA, we never would've gotten to meet! You are way cuter in person than on this blog. Thank your dad for bringing you up to the vendors' room to see me. And tell Mom sorry I didn't get to see her! :(
AND, I totally love your Ryan Howard shirt that you wore to Sea World! Mommy, Daddy, and I all went to college with him and I even rode the elevator in New Hall with him--now he's a big baseball star!
Hope to see you again some time, maybe at the oooossshunnn again:)
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey my Grady man! It was GREAT talking to you on the phone the other day!! I just got back yesterday from California so I'm just now seeing your fantastic vacation pictures. Too bad we weren't in California together because that would've been the best. I love you and I'll see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grady! Just wanted you to know that Grandpa and I miss you and are looking forward to seeing you this weekend! Aunt Kelli will be excited to see you! Grandpa and I have looked at the CD of your vacation pictures 3 times! I'm sorry to hear about the camera. Accidents happen. Tell Dad to just use the video camera more. See you on Saturday. Love, Grandma